Tuesday 14 April 2015

Makeup Bag Essentials!

So I though I'd write a post about the makeup items that I just could not live without. These are the items that I use every day to create a basic look before I apply my chosen look for the day (or if I'm going for the bare look!)

So first things first.. before I start my make-up I put on this flannel headband to get all my hair out of my face. My make-up has become so much easier since I bought this! You can get these all over the place but I bought mine from The Body Shop for £4.00.



Primer!!! Primer is one of the best make-up items I have discovered. I love it. For those of you who don't know what primer is.. it's basically a layer that you put on that creates a nice smooth surface for your foundation to lie on. It's just amazing. It's so good for your skin as it stops your foundation from clogging your pores. It makes your make-up last longer. It makes the foundation sit more naturally on your skin. It is just a must have. And on the left are two of my favourite primers. The red one is much thicker as it's designed to last longer so use that one if you're planning a day out and need your make-up to last. Otherwise, the blue one is lovely and spreads far so it's lasts for ages.
Now before we come to foundation.. my foundation and concealer brush is something that I could not live without. I bought this from Superdrug and I love it. It's super soft and makes applying my foundation so much easier. It also washes easily with a little bit of soap :)


This is my main foundation (yes, I know the photo is upside down.. my computer hates me). It's a thick foundation that gives great coverage. I like to mix it with a little liquid foundation to thin it out a bit and make it easier to apply. It doesn't last as long as I'd like, but for the price it's okay. I've been using this foundation for a while now and, although I love to try out new foundations, I always end up coming back to this one.

My blusher/powder brush!! So soo useful. This is the QV5 Natural Powder Brush and can be purchased from Superdrug. It's brilliant. It's soft and provides an even distribution of powder. I just love it.







Bronzer. A must have for summer. the Rimmel London Natrual Bronzer Powder is among my favourites. I apply it with the brush pictured above and it looks great. It's a matte finish and has SPF of 15 which isn't bad! I wear it on my cheeks and a subtle amount on the higher parts of my face (wear the sun naturally hits). This creates the illusion of a lovely tan and I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment